Yakima City Parks Hours: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. City Ordinance of the Municipal Code provides guidelines for proper and safe use of your City Parks. When visiting the parks, please remember the following to help make your experience and that of others more enjoyable:
- Please leave these items at home: alcoholic beverages and unleashed pets.
- Enjoy your golf equipment but take it to Fisher Golf Course. Fisher is the only City park property where the use of golf equipment is authorized.
- Please confine your fires to the barbecue grills and your litter to the proper containers, both of which are located throughout the system.
- Leave your motorized vehicles in designated parking areas – do not drive or park on the grass.
- Be sure to pick up after your pets.
- NO loitering or soliciting.
- NO damaging or defacing park property.
The City of Yakima Parks and Recreation:
- Reserves the right to schedule more than one group in the same Park at the same time, provided the events do not conflict.
- Reserves the right to refuse the use of any Park property to any individual or group.
- Will not be responsible for providing audio-visual equipment, sound systems, electrical hookups, extension cords, tables, chairs, benches or bleachers.
- Restricts the commercial use of Park facilities.
- will accept reservations for facilities on a first-come, first-serves basis, with the exception of contracted user groups.
- Requires that Park participants shall not ride, drive or operate any motorized vehicles on Park properties (leave motorized vehicles in designated parking areas. Animals are not allowed in City Parks. dogs must be contained on a leash. Alcohol beverages are not permitted at City Parks.
- Will not allow the causing, making or maintenance of noises which unreasonably disturb the comfort and peace of others (6.04.180)
- Will not allow activities in the Parks after curfew of 10:00 p.m.
- Requires that a copy of the approved permit is at the Park event requested.
- Indicates that all regulations and policies for the use of and/or rental of property have been read and that the applicant understands and agrees to adhere to them.
- Signing the Application for the Park Permit Form personally and on behalf of the group accepts any and all responsibility for liability for:
- the care and use of City property used by the group;
- the conduct of the event; and
- the conduct of the participants and spectators of the event at the Park.
- When the event is over, will ensure the Park is left in a clean, orderly condition. ABSOLUTELY NO CLEAN UP BY PARKS STAFF SHOULD BE REQUIRED, or an additional $50 per hour per person clean-up fee will be billed to the person signing this form. ALL LITER MUST BE PICKED UP AND DEPOSITED IN APPROPRIATE REFUSE CONTAINERS.
- Agrees that the commercial use of any Park facility is restricted.
- Applying for use of City of Yakima Parks and Recreation facilities and/or property agrees to protect and save the City of Yakima, its elected and appointed officials and employees harmless from and against all claims, damages, and causes of action of any kind or character, including the cost of defense thereof, arising out of the group’s or individual’s use and/or actions.
- Inflatables: Non-water Inflatables (inflatable jumpers, bounce house, inflatable slides) are allowed in our parks as part of the park reservation, however, you are required to complete a liability waiver, have a certificate of insurance, and provide a generator for electricity. An additional $50 fee is also required. Parks and Recreation does not provide electricity.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy: Picnic shelter cancellations must be made at least 30 days in advance of the reservation date to be eligible for a refund. The amount refunded will be 50% of the reservation fee, excluding $10 non-refundable application fee. Requests must be made in writing or in person by the contracted renter at the Parks and Recreation office (2301 Fruitvale Blvd., Yakima WA 98902). Refunds for online reservations will be charged a 3.5% transaction fee. Restrooms are closed for the winter: October 1 – April 15; Porta Potties are available at some of the parks.
- Inclement Weather Policy: NO refund will be made due to inclement weather.
- Please leave motorized vehicles in designated parking areas. In other words, Don’t Drive or Park in the Grass. Please leave alcoholic beverages and unleashed pets at home. Confine your fires to the barbecue grills and your litter to the proper containers.